Mi Familia

Our trip to Riverside was filled with delays, but we eventually arrived. We were notified that the flight from Springfield to Denver was delayed. Weather prevented the plane from leaving its place of origin. Our flight went from leaving at 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. We arrived at the airport at 1:30. We breezed through TSA and when we got to gate 9, we discovered that there was another delay. it was after 3:30 when the plane arrived, unloaded, did their between flight cleaning, got this flight loaded and finally took off. We were able to rebook a flight from Denver to Riverside because we missed our original connection. In fact, we left Springfield later than our original arrival would have been.

It was about 10 pm when our feet touched California soil. Junior and Hannah met us and JD was along with them. We were all so tired we just went to the hotel and checked in. I’d talked with the hotel manager and our late arrival was accommodated. Junior had picked up beer and they joined us in our room for a beer and a bit of catching up. Then they left us to settle in and try to sleep

Mimi holds Jaraiya for the first time.

Saturday morning Junior, Hannah and JD picked us up and we went to breakfast at the airport restaurant. It was about half a mile from our hotel, so we walked. JD has a deluxe stroller, so he traveled in style.

After breakfast we went to the Ordonez house, where we were welcomed. A lot of aunts and uncles and cousins also came over. Most we met at the wedding, so it was great to see them again. It was the first time many had met JD, so he was the star of the show. Rosie made tamales, so everyone was was excited by that too. It was one big crazy good time. I’m glad to be included as a part of this familia.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s